Strength In Words Community LAB
Simple DIY Infant ActivitiesTo Promote Development
A Free E-Book from Strength In Words! You don’t have to be “crafty” to create play materials that support interaction and development.
- Perfect for parents and professionalsSeptember 6, 2017 by MLSD from United States
As a speech-language pathologist, I have recommended this podcast countless times to parents. Information is easy to understand and digest, and broken down into manageable parts. In addition, I usually learn something new myself!
- Perfect developmental information!September 6, 2017 by SLP MPH from United States
This gal really knows her stuff! Should be required listening for EVERY parent wanting to support their child's language development!
- First-time mom knows how to play w baby now!April 30, 2017 by bbloomfield from United States
I am a first-time mom and was having a hard time finding things to do/play/sing for my 6-week old. I am SO happy I found this podcast. I've learned multiple nursery rhymes, learned something new about her development and ideas for toys with items around the house, etc. I have now signed up for all of the e-books, etc. I can't believe it's free! I hope they don't stop creating these anytime soon!
- Excellent resource!December 8, 2016 by Stay-at-home Daddy-0 from United States
I'm a stay-at-home dad and this podcast is just great. My kids and I do regular "circle-time" and playing clips from this podcast and Ayelet's album of children's music really engages them. And as a busy parent with questions about child development but little time to read books, the podcast is an awesome resource. I highly recommend it!
- Brilliant!August 5, 2016 by Joffreylikesjaffacakes from United Kingdom
Me and my toddler are loving these. 10 minutes of the day just for me and him.
- Fun with babyMay 7, 2016 by Alice and Hana from Germany
I've now listened to about five episodes of this podcast with my now 4 month old daughter, and we really enjoy it. Some of the songs we've learned (Hickory Dickory Dock and Little Liza Jane) are sung at least once a day and often more in our house now, and I find the short and digestible tips on development and DIY toys really helpful. The show is short enough that even my very little baby sometimes makes it through a whole episode, but sometimes we just do a bit and Hana's had enough... It's still fun and I listen to the rest myself to learn the songs and come back to the podcast with Hana later. Also love the non-cheesy versions of songs, CDs for kids are often so naff and this is not.
- Perfect activity with my 8 month old sonMay 5, 2016 by WhidbeyMom from United States
When I start a Strength in Words podcast, my son immediately tunes into Ayelet’s lovely voice. We are learning many simple and enriching activities to do together, as well as information for me as a caregiver about what cues to look for in my son’s learning process. Singing was already a big part of our daily activities, so the songs Ayelet shares are great additions to our set. We are just getting caught up on episodes and will look forward to them each week.
- Parents will love it!April 17, 2016 by TiggBitties from United States
As parents, we found this show to be great! Learned a bunch and my wife has become a fan!!!
- A must for young familiesMarch 31, 2016 by catacea from United States
Fantastic information and presentation. Informative for the adults and engaging for young kids. Brief episodes are perfect, and I'm interested in sharing the experience with a group of families.
- Accessible, entertaining, and edifyingMarch 8, 2016 by slrhead from United States
Extremely accessible, entertaining, and edifying - an terrific way to develop ideas for relating to children and using music to spend quality, constructive time with them, while learning more about child development. Ayelet has an amazing sining voice and her creative repertoire engages both adults and children, while providing the informational context from the perspective of a professional Speech and Language Pathologist. I look forward to future podcasts, along with the website and Pinterest for more DIY ideas.
- Useful, informative and fun activities for you and your childMarch 7, 2016 by m.k. london from United States
As a new mom, you get overwhelmed with hearing about this research or that book, and it’s hard to know what you should actually be doing. This podcast clearly presents information about children's speech and development in easy activities and songs that you can do with your baby. It’s easy to follow along, the activities are simple but give you the tools to build your own variations, and it’s backed in science on child development. It’s like a mom and baby music class, but at home, and at your own pace.
- This is the way forward… in every sense of the word...March 6, 2016 by Grateful Mummy from Fulham from United Kingdom
My toddler and I are totally hooked… and it will not be long before my 7wk baby is also!! Thank you!!! x
- For all parents and caregivers of the very young--February 26, 2016 by gaga time forever from United States
As a retired preschool and kindergarten teacher and a forever mother and grandmother, I cannot SING the praises of this podcast and website enough. They are wonderful and very much needed---a valuable resource for parents, babies, preschoolers, and grandmothers! Full of useful ideas and informative insights. So many times I found myself wanting to sing with and to my grandson but, for the life of me, could not remember all of the childhood rhymes and songs. This is perfect. And the bonus is that Ayelet's voice is such a delight to hear.
- Nothing like it out thereFebruary 22, 2016 by Averysmartman1 from United States
This seems to me a very original idea. I love that I can listen to it anytime - it's like having a class for my kid in my back pocket. I like the host's approach and I look forward to listening whenever I can with my family.
- GrandmotherFebruary 22, 2016 by Nana Kam from United States
This program entertained my grandchildren and they loved it! I look forward to future episodes when my grandchildren are visiting! Thank you so much for doing this!
- Great for grandparents tooFebruary 21, 2016 by Sschnei from United States
Found and listened to this with my toddler grandson. Lots of fun. Host has a pleasant voice and nice song selection. Interesting approach, good information. Told my daughter about it, worth spreading the word.
- NiceFebruary 21, 2016 by Bonzetta from United States
Great voice and nice ideas for my 6 month old
- A new baby whisperer!!!February 19, 2016 by fan of siw from United States
Ayelet’s voice is really engaging, and seems to really understand young children. There was the perfect balance between information and music, and my little daughter was not bored, even through the informational bits.